These are not simply “put your head down and code” roles. Rather, we require well-rounded individuals who can architect technical solutions, articulate trade-offs of various approaches, and do all this with a high degree of empathy for the people that will be using using our software.
● Functional programming gets your wheels turning. Played around with it…even better. (LISP, Scheme, Clojure, Scala.)
● If you haven’t gotten into the Functional world, you are a Jedi at Java, C#, Python, etc. and have experience with the JVM ecosystem.
● Solid understanding of multi-threading concepts and server side programming.
● Familiarity working in a development team utilizing Linux, Git, Jenkins, JIRA, Eclipse, EMACS.
● You nerd out on CompSci fundamentals. As part of the interview process we will deep dive into your knowledge and understanding of data structures, system architecture and coding skills.
● Solid relational database fundamentals and skill set. Because, you know…that’s where the data goes.
● Knowledge of messaging frameworks such as Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, MQSeries, TIBCO, Solace, etc.
● Domain experience working with complex data including but not limited to financial and trading information, large data sets, high volume processes is a plus.
● Best way to show us your skills is to share work you have actually developed! (GitHub etc.)
LOCATION: You must work in our NYC office.